Thursday 4 February 2010

Ebay

After yesterdays blog I was afraid I may have jinxed the wedding jacket I was meant to be sewing, but hurrah, it turned out just fine. Another happy customer.
This morning I went to the local recycling centre to dump a broken blow-up-bed. There are often seagulls, hovering over the dump. This gave me the idea for my next Haiku.

from grey moody skies
seagulls shriek, no fish today
on the council tip

The rest of the day has been spent with mundane housework tasks and trawling through ebay, trying to find a friends item, that's for sale. Once again, my partner has volunteered my services, to bid on something (that we don't want) to help start the bidding off. Totally dodgy I know, and I'm not happy about doing it. The first time he made me do this, we won the auction. Then I was left with the bother of selling the damn thing - a conservatory! As if I don't waste enough time, without him setting me up to waste even more. This is the last time I do it though. I'm retiring from ebay. Well, that's what I'm going to tell him.
Anyway, last year, when I was right into ebay, when I saw myself as a bit of a wheeler dealer, I came up with this idea....

Top Tip for ebay sellers.

Wrap up parcels with bubble wrap until airtight,
fill with helium until parcel hovers slightly off the ground.
Take to post office immediately and pop on scales.
The post office now have to pay you to deliver your package.

This idea might also be useful for people attending weight watchers, as long as they remember not to speak. A pixi voice is a bit of a give away, when using helium.

No comments:

Post a Comment